Friday, January 18, 2013

Back in the Saddle

The holidays made it difficult to stay on track for me.  Going back to work in the fall also made it difficult.  I was tired when I got home and wanted to spend my time playing with Mya rather than working out and cooking healthy dishes.  This caused weight gain.  I have now come to realize that this will be something I will have to make time for each day... I'm doing this to set a good example for Mya, so taking the time to workout and cook healthy things are going to be so worth it.

I have found that not tracking what I eat is the ultimate problem.  When I'm losing weight, I count my WW points for everything that I put in my mouth.  When I don't do that, I gain weight.  I'm back to tracking everything, and I'm back to working out... that should lead to good results.

I have now ran in two half-marathons.  The first was in October and the second one was the Houston Aramco Half-Marathon just this month.  What a rewarding experience!!  I'm now addicted to the half!  I have another one planned for March.  My goal is to knock about 30 minutes off of my finish time.  If I do my training as I should, this will definitely be an attainable goal.

Why do I bother being honest about my weight gain?  Because I know that there are people out there that are inspired when they see the amount of weight that I have lost, but I think it is necessary for them to realize that I am human, and it is a constant struggle.  It helps prove the point that if I can do this, anyone can.  It does feel great to be back on track!!

No comments:

Post a Comment